Nowadays, poly petrol fuel tanks are known for their environmental and cost benefits. But not so long ago, aluminum and steel fuel tanks were considered to be the gold standard when it came to transporting fuel to the jobsites. However, gradually, Polyethylene as a material gained popularity and now, we see an increased use of poly petrol tanks.
Evolution of Poly Petrol Fuel Tanks
By the 20th century, the production and use of poly petrol fuel tanks gathered pace due to the evolution of new technologies and changing mindsets. Eventually, we saw the creation of high-density polyethylene (HDPE), which further enhanced the performance and life of these tanks. Although these tanks did not become popular in all regions at any particular time, their popularity can be attributed to the spread of knowledge among people. Especially, when people came to learn about how beneficial they are for the environment and how much they can save financially if they switch to these tanks, the production and utilization of poly petrol fuel tanks in transporting fuel skyrocketed.
Tremendous Benefits of Transportable Fuel Tanks Due to Government Policies
The U.S. Department of Transportation and Transport Canada, eliminate the need to drain and clean the tank before moving if you are using transportable fuel tanks that are approved by the said organization. Such fuel tanks minimize the time to relocate a tank significantly, leading to greater efficiency.
In projects where the job site needs to be changed frequently, the benefits of transportable fuel tanks made from polyethylene are undeniable. With government-approved poly petrol fuel tanks, the contractors can significantly lower the overall distance jobsite equipment needs to travel for refueling purposes. Therefore, such petrol tanks not only save time but also reduce fuel consumption, which is good for your pocket and the environment as well.
Economic and Environmental Benefits of Poly Petrol Fuel Tanks
Poly Petrol Fuel Tanks offer tremendous economic and environmental benefits. Let’s have a look at all of them, starting with economic benefits:
Poly petrol fuel tanks are economical because:
1. Cost of Manufacturing is Less: Polyfuel tanks do not cost a lot to make, especially when we consider the high costs of aluminum and steel tanks. Therefore, they provide immediate cost savings to consumers and manufacturers.
2. Easy to Transport due to being Lightweight: Polyethylene is significantly lighter than metal. Therefore, these tanks can be easily transported from one location to another, which means lower labor costs.
3. Convenient to Install: Poly fuel tanks can be easily installed, which can once again considerably lower labor costs during the manufacturing and installation processes.
4. Zero to Minimal Customization Costs: Plastic fuel tank manufacturers often charge heavily for the customization of metal tanks. However, the cost of customization is significantly lower in polyethylene tanks, which leads to greater cost savings for the buyers.
5. Less Risk of Fuel Theft: In most cases, poly fuel tanks have no joints as they are molded as a single piece. Therefore, it is very difficult to tamper with them for siphoning fuel. As there is a lower chance of fuel theft, they ensure greater cost savings during fuel transit, especially for those who buy bulk fuel tanks for sale.
Poly Petrol Fuel Tanks are beneficial for the environment because:
1. Less Chance of Leakage due to Corrosion: Aluminum or steel tanks are vulnerable to corrosion over time, which can lead to fuel leaks that can contaminate the nearby area.
2. Recyclable Material is Good for the Environment: Polyethylene is easily recyclable. Therefore, the greater use of poly tanks reduces the demand for new plastic, which is beneficial for the environment.
3. Fewer Chemical Reactions Means Less Pollution: Metal tanks are known to react with fuel, but that’s not the case with polyethylene. Therefore, it prevents the creation of harmful compounds that can worsen the pollution level. Especially when we talk about water vehicles, the damage caused due to chemical reactions can be detrimental to marine lifeforms.
4. Greater Lifespan Ensures Less Wastage: Poly fuel tanks last for a much longer time than their metal counterparts. Therefore, you do not have to replace its many parts. As you are not creating new parts, you are reducing manufacturing and the pollution that is associated with the process.
Poly petrol fuel tanks offer distinct advantages when compared with metal fuel tanks, making them ideal for transporting fuel to the sites. However, if you are looking to maximize the benefits of such fuel tanks, you need to buy poly petrol tanks from reliable vendors that use only the best material and perform proper quality control. Due to the nature of the substance (fuel) stored in this equipment, it can be catastrophic if you don’t use top-quality Poly petrol fuel tanks manufactured by reliable vendors.